Monday, January 21, 2008

Cami's Big Opening!


January 17 & 18, 2008
Cami entered an ameteur art competition in fall 2007. She won 2nd place, and is currently exhibiting at IAO Gallery in SLC, UT through March 15th, 2008.

'It was SO fun to exhibit in such a SWANKY gallery, which houses so many amazing works of art! I was especially honored to be exhibiting alongside a classmate and friend, Jen Long. She took first place in the ameteur competion. She is so amazingly talented. We are both honored to be "baby chicks"of Sydney Bowman, our art teacher and mentor. Sydney has many beautiful works on display at this gallery as well. The "Art World" is amazing, and I am rearing to exhibit as much as possible in the coming year. Becoming a professional artist has always been a dream of mine, and I feel like I am one step closer to achieving this dream. I am SO blessed!'

3 comments:

The Beckstrands said...

Cami! I'm so excited that you started a blog! Yay! You really did such an awesome job with all your art work that you displayed at the gallery! So I haven't heard back from Tom- Did he talk to you about if you wanted to go to 27 dresses tomorrow? Love ya!

thepettrys said...

Hi Cami! That picture is amazing! I'm sorry we didn't make it down. After talking about the "nudes" :-) Trent and decided we'd better pass with the boys. Tucker is a little too curious about those things these days :-) Jill says your paintings are still on display though. How long will they be up. Trent and I would like to go down. We Love You and are so proud of you. JoAnne

ERICAHYLAND said...

Cami, I am so incredibly proud of you! Your art and you as an artist are amazing! Expect to see me soon at one of your exhibits. You're beautiful! I love you!